Thursday 28 August 2014

ELIZABETH AND HER GERMAN GARDEN for Kindle



http://www.amazon.co.uk/ELIZABETH-GERMAN-GARDEN-SOLITARY-illustrated-ebook/dp/B00N349A60/

http://www.amazon.com/ELIZABETH-GERMAN-GARDEN-SOLITARY-illustrated-ebook/dp/B00N349A60/

DISCOVER ELIZABETH AND HER GERMAN GARDEN plus its sequel THE SOLITARY SUMMER

-Illustrated with beautiful period illustrations and photos
-Formatted for kindle with easy navigation between books

-Includes two of her best books, complete and unabridged:
ELIZABETH AND HER GERMAN GARDEN
THE SOLITARY SUMMER

Perfect reading for Downton Abbey fans
“Elizabeth von Armin has a genius for writing brilliant novels. If you know her books then you will find this a great value collection, if you’re new to her work then you’re in for a real treat”' Literary Classics

“Downton Abbey fever reaches forgotten author Elizabeth von Arnim.” LA Times

“If you're like me, you had never heard of Elizabeth von Arnim until the recent episode of PBS' smash hit Downton Abbey, when a valet gave a copy of Von Arnim's Elizabeth and Her German Garden to his love interest. Von Arnim, however, was a hugely popular author during the Edwardian era depicted on the show, and her first novel Elizabeth and Her German Garden, published in 1898, was a spectacular success that underwent repeated printings.” Fine Books & Collections

PRAISE FOR ELIZABETH AND HER GERMAN GARDEN
“If you haven’t read this yet, please do; it’s one of the finest novels I’ve read in a very long time, and I know it’s one I’m going to come back to time and time again.” Book Snob

'An extraordinary work . . . idyllic' Elizabeth Jane Howard

“I had never heard of Elizabeth von Arnim before. Just when you think you’re starting to get a hold of a certain period of literature, some gem like this pops up and send you reeling down some new pathway of literary wonder “ B. Cook

“Elizabeth is a charming, honest narrator who I love more and more on each rereading. If you have not read it yet, please do, preferably before the planting season as it’s quite impossible not to be inspired by Elizabeth’s horticultural passions” The Captive Reader

'She has a wild sense of comedy and a vision continually thwarted though it was of potential happiness' Penelope Mortimer

PRAISE FOR THE SOLITARY SUMMER
“Between Elizabeth and her German Garden and this follow-up, I am not sure which one I enjoyed better. Perhaps I enjoyed her meandering writing a little more this time around, because I knew what to expect and so I could appreciate the small details better.” Iris on Books

“And so I’d slip into Solitary Summer and suddenly my vision is filled with flowers, roses, pansies, sweet peas, and the scent, oh I can almost smell them! I feel myself relaxing and by the time my commuter train pulls into my stop, I am grinning. And while it doesn’t last all day, I do find myself thinking of flowers and gardening and I begin to feel sick with spring fever.” Somanybooksblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment